- FreeTDS has problems with multiple statements
- There seems to be a bug in the FreeTDS library at least up to FreeTDS 0.82 used by the mssql backend, when using first a SELECT and then a INSERT statement in one query string. The INSERT statement doesn't produce a result set in this case and you can't call odbx_rows_affected() for example. Linking the mssql backend against the compatible Sybase libsybdb.so works as excepted.
- Oracle backend doesn't provide LOB functions
- The large object handling functions are implemented but the Oracle backend doesn't offer them to applications. The necessary code in the oracle_odbx_result() functions isn't compiled as it segfaults when used. It's not clear why this happens and maybe a developer with more Oracle experience can make it work.
- Sybase backend segfaults when using Sybase ASE libraries
- The sybase backend doesn't work on Windows plattforms when used in combination with the Sybase ASE 15 libraries. It crashes for unknown reasons when trying to set up the message handlers, even if the code is exactly like in the Sybase documentation. The Sybase ASE 15 libraries work without problems on Linux/Unix systems compiling the same code base.